The PARIS Blog

A "post official development" blog for users of (or even for those who fondly remember) that rare and beautiful beast - the late-nineties Ensoniq PARIS Digital Audio Workstation, a unique blend of hardware and software that can still to this day hold its head up amongst its peers for "what comes out of the speakers". Be sure to read the Welcome post as it's assumed you've read it and understood it. Have fun! 

NEW (Q4 '08): After a lengthy testing process, new drivers for PARIS are now available for purchase from Mike Audet's site!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

New PARIS Tracksheets/Worksheets

I created these sheets years ago to smooth session workflow, and I thought perhaps some might find them useful. They fall into two categories.

PRODUCERS: for each project I create a production binder and insert an overview page (.PDF) with all songs listed so I can keep track of where we are overall in the project. This helps me maintain a good picture of where we are in the project so I don't miss something in the heat of tracking. It also helps spot similarities in keys and tempo which is handy for a bunch of things, like song sequence in mastering, or pilfering material from one song to use in another. 

Next, for each song I create an individual song sheet (.PDF) that lets me track data for that song. I also made vocal comp sheets (.PDF) to help me keep track of the best sections of "takes". I'd write in the beginning of lines/phrases before we started and then use the boxes on the right to indicate good or problem areas in takes.

ENGINEERS: I threw together some PARIS tracksheets - a multi submix (.PDF) and a two submix (.PDF) - for Dubvibe (they originally had the Dubvibe logo in the blank space at the top; contact me privately if you've got a logo you want in that space).

I used them for years, with PARIS and other DAWs, so I'm probably blind to their deficiencies. Propose refinements in comments and I'll address them and post new ones.

No comments: